Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rainy Day

Hey Abyss,

So as stated in the title; it is a rainy day. Genius title, I know.

I am writing this before I leave to go to yet another jail with the tour. On Monday we went to two jails to show the play and it was surprisingly well received we really affected the inmates and they were genuinely interested in their own way. We had some of these men crying by the end of the show, people who were murderers and sexual offenders were crying at the impact the show had on them.

It is these moments when I know I am doing the right thing. These people walked away affected, changed even the slightest, and that is all I can ever hope to do as an actor. I want my audiences to walk away thinking about new ideas, new outcomes. The opportunity to forge new thoughts in people is just amazing. Luckily  the show is made up of extremely talented people and are able to make this happen. I am so grateful to be a part of such a wonderful project in association with awesome people.

There is only 5 weeks left of the tour and I am both sad and thrilled how fast it is going. I am sad because I love being able to do my art and have people see it and walk away with something they came in without, but I am thrilled because of how we are changing people and provoking new thoughts. It is like when you feel so confident about something that you want as many people to see it and hear what they have to say about it. That is what is happening with this show. I am proud.

I recently auditioned for the movie Blackbird, which I am sure I have talked about before, this was my 5th audition for the director and I am at a loss over how the audition went. I feel like I could have done better, but so does every artist. The director said all good things to me and has seen me 5 times so I feel like there is something that he potentially wants me for. Then again, I cant really say that because some directors are just nice people and want to encourage you as a performer. Then there is the fact that the director is young and this will be his first feature film and he is doubting his casting abilities. However it turns out I hope to at least obtain some kind of role.

Also, there is a television series that is shooting right now in the city where I live and I am hoping to get at least an audition for that once the tour is over.

I forget if I already mentioned this but I am still waiting to hear back from NTS as to whether I have a callback for the school, but I did get placed 4th on the waiting list at Sheridan, which is apparently good. I am still debating on what I want to do, I know that if I somehow miraculously get into NTS then I am definitely going. Sheridan is just a lot of money and the living costs in Toronto are ridiculous, and I wouldn't be able to work on the weekend to make extra money due to the homework load. SoI would be student loans all the way, which is an idea that I am not fond of.

Suggestions?

I have an audition on wednesday for a new show that is being workshopped, and I am submitting for a new musical that is being produced in October. I will tell you how these things go.

Night Abyss

No comments: