Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dont Cook Sausages in a Frying Pan.

Well Abyss,

Sorry about the delay of posts. I have offish moved into my new apartment with my two cats and a plethora of appliances. My mom is a great woman but she has laden me with all of her appliances that she has no use for anymore. So I have basically no cupboard space for dishes and such thanks to the giant blender taking up half the space alone.

This will be my third night in the new apartment and I have nothing for entertainment but books, movies and kittens. So I am pretty set. I felt the need to get internet because of this little thing that you are reading, so I was debating getting it from my work (telecommunications) but then I found out that I can save money by using my iPhone. Pretty nifty. I am stoked about that and am able to write again!

To recap the last few eventful days: The show went wonderful, the local news stations came and filmed us which was wicked. Everyone did really well and we had a great turn out for audience. I think everyone was thoroughly impressed with themselves, and as they should be. Congrats everyone. I am attaching a few links at the bottom.

Presently I have another show lined up, which I had rehearsal for tonight, hence the late write. This show is happening on September 4 so only a few short days to get it together. But I like when things get down to business and we can be happy with a product. Something funny though; Sunday night I received an email from a local collective group saying that they were interested in me for a role that they were performing on Thursday. I said yes and asked for the script, I mean I am gonna take work where I can and no matter how short notice. They sent me the script and asked for it to be memorized by Wednesday. Mind you this is the shortest amount of time I have ever been asked to memorize something, but again I was up to the challenge. I printed off the script and started memorizing feverishly.

Now, the good thing was that the script was fairly conversation-like so I could easily improv lines if need be.

The weird part of this is that these people asked me to do the role by recommendation of one of my friends. I am assuming that they thought I was around the same age as my friend; about 30. I assume this because the script was rather adult. I mean that in a sexual way.

There was no doubt in my mind that I would not have done it. I haven't worked in a bit, well two days, and was again up for the challenge. I thought it would push myself. The issue was that I knew that once i showed up to rehearse they would realize how young I am and decline me the role. So I memorized the lines (actually) and tried to make myself seem older. The next night I received another email saying that the whole thing is being canceled due to one of the people involved got a movie gig. So my attempts at making myself seem sexy and older were then deflated like a popped balloon.

Audition update: I got word that they are holding auditions for The Fantastiks, so I may be trying out for that. Other than that; ziltch.

But I am not at a total loss because I still have the show I am working on now, which will be great when we have it all together. I am excited for people to see it. I am working with the same group of people as the previous performance which ensures it will be great.

By the way, I learned not to cook sausage in a frying pan this evening. Especially when you have an actual grill provided by your mother. Lets just say the fire alarm went off multiple times. Oh and to clarify how uninterested my fellow apartment dwellers are, no one even came when my fire alarm went of 5 times. So glad the people around me give a damn.

Thats all for tonight abyss.


No comments: