Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dignity.

I have had an ear infection for about two weeks now.

This does not make things easier for oneself. You would think that having one ear completely blocked would help in avoiding conversations or watching people without actually hearing what they are saying and then laughing at their facial expressions. It has helped in those instances but unfortunately, Abyss, these last two weeks have been no fun.

As we are all aware I have been working on a show for the last week and it is very hard to learn about 8 songs (full of harmonies!) and sound decent with one ear completely out of commission.  It is hard to explain my frustration but I don't really feel I need to explain it, it is a problem that people face. The part that bothers me about it, other than the length that this infection has been going on, is the fact that I consider myself an alright singer. So, here I am not doing my best in rehearsal because I can't hear. Now, I am not trying to make excuses, but I have dignity and I want to put on a great show. So I am trying, because a pro doesn't let an ear infection stop them from doing their best!

So I am gonna keep trying to swim to the top of this ocean. It is just hard to know where I am under the water.

Any suggestions that may help heal my ear before friday?

Other than the show and work I am not doing a whole lot.

I am sending in my information to the audition that I talked about last time. Regardless of the situation. This advice was given to me from some of my friends and I agree with them in their insight. So here is hoping.

School starts in less than a month and I am stoked for routine to pick up.

I am sitting here writing this in my underwear because it is so freaking hot and I have no air conditioning. So I am a barrel of laughs right now with my clogged head and sweating body.

Sexy to say the least.

I always try to keep my dignity intact.

Sorry that I have taken so long to repost. A lot has happened, mainly just travel, in the last couple days. I shall make a point to post more.

Goodnight Abyss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wayne,

i've heard a few things about ear infections that may be of use. a friend of a friend used listerine once. just a few drops held in there for about 10 minutes twice a day and it cured it quite well. Listerine is to kill germs and franky it killed those germs. also, if you bring some extra virgin olive oil and a copule cloves of garlic, and put about 4 drops in your ear, topping it with a cottonball, that should held.

hope it helps!
yours,
abyss.

wayneburns said...

I tried this method. Unfortunately nothing has changed :(