Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 4: I spent more time on the road than a dead raccoon.

I drove a lot today.

My parents live about an hour and a half outside of the city that I live in. I went home today on my day off. I always enjoy going home and seeing my family because it always feels like I never left. Their lives are constantly going and there is always things to do. I spent most of the day with my younger brother just milling around and talking about things on his mind. I miss him terrible.

I waited patiently all day for my phone to ring in regards to my scholarship for school in September as today was the cut off date for acceptance submission.

Guess what abyss?

No phone call. Thats right, I didn't hear anything today. Even after them telling me yesterday that they would call me the following day for a follow up. And to make matters worse, my roommate reminded that the director of the school is taking a vacation starting tomorrow. So now I am lost because I have no information as to whether I am going to be going to school in September or not. I don't know what is supposed to happen now. Is there still a point to waiting knowing that if they did not make their decision today that there is basically no hope in me going, or do I just continue waiting like a good actor?

I am at a crossroad.
I am blind.
And I have no dog to help me.
In other words; I am headed into the woods.

I have decided to just remain still in hopes that someone will find me and lead me down the right path.

On a more pleasant note; I may have picked up another job today. My roommate is also an actor and he informed me of a job at his work place, which is great and I am totally going to take him up on the offer, for the money and the people. It seemed like a good idea due to the fact that I enjoy both of those things.So I will be starting there quite soon I would hope.

Audition update: zilch.

I have more music to learn for Tuesday because we perform our show on Saturday, so it is going to be an intense week for learning. Oh, and Ellen Page, if you read this please come to my show.

I don't really have anything philosophical to say this evening, so I apologize for not being as entertaining. I have to work early in the morning so I am off to bed.

Goodnight Abyss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you cant just sit around waiting for people to call you and tell you what you're going to do with your life, and what it's going to become. if you haven't received anything about this scholarship, then track some people down and figure it out yourself. things in life aren't just going to come to you magically.

-abyss

wayneburns said...

I agree completely. And believe me I was not waiting around for much longer. I do not like waiting for extended periods of time. I will move on if I am not getting the result I need. But you will find that I was the recipient of the scholarship after all. I have no intentions of letting others rule my life, but sometimes you need to hurry up and wait. I really appreciate your feedback. Thanks abyss