Thursday, August 2, 2012

Passion > Work

Hey Abyss,

Last time I posted it was raining and coincidentally it is also raining now, providing for the perfect opportunity to write and be studious. I am going to proceed down this road now.

Yesterday morning I travelled to the set of All The Wrong Reasons, starring Cory Monteith AKA Finn Hudson from Glee,  Kevin Zegers from Gossip Girl and Air Bud and a lot of other talented people. My scene (one HUGE line) was with Cory. I was stoked to meet him and one: confirm we was actually as tall as people have said, and two: See if he was a genuine as people had said.

Well the people were right on both counts.

The set was had an awesome feel to it, everything was really chill and the cast and crew were in really great moods despise the fact that they had been doing 7 days of night shoots that took them into the wee hours of the morning. This project was the directors first feature film and she was so pumped to see her bring child coming to life. Awesomely enough the director is from New Brunswick, so kudos to fellow Maritimer Gia Milani!

While preparing for the scene Cory and I got to talking about where I go to school, the National Theatre School of Canada, and he said that he had wanted to go there when he was my age and also mentioned that his mentor graduated from there. Throughout the shoot we continued to talk and Cory ended up offering me a drive back home.

On the drive home we talked about the projection of his career and how he was envious of the fact that I am getting to study where I am, as well as his life before and after Glee and how he wants to get back to the thing he loves which is making quality films (something I have huge respect for and share in the dream of). He told me about his life in Vancouver and offered me his email to keep him updated on my life and if I ever move to Vancouver to let him know.

He told me that the reason he wanted to drive me home was because he saw something in me and wanted to talk about what I had in store for myself. I felt so honoured to ride home in a car with someone who has reached the pinnacle of fame and still longs to make quality art and, of course, has rubbed shoulders with the big guys at the Oscars.

He is truly a humble and grateful person and it inspired me to make sure to always have my morals no matter where life chooses to take me.

The movie is scheduled to come to Canadian Theatres next year and will then be making a TV debut.

Here are some notable links about the movie and those involved:

http://www.shoreroadpictures.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97&Itemid=104
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/glees-cory-monteith-kevin-zegers-355804

Night Abyss

1 comment:

Unknown said...

take him with you to Shakespeare by the Seeeaaaa!
love Mel
Also, congrats on some cool work Wayne. Karaoke soon?