Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sweet Talk

Hey Abyss,

If you have been reading of late some really cool things have been happening to me and in this post I will continue on the cool train.

I found out last night that the film I was in last summer called Bye, Bye Blackbird (http://theaveragelifeofawouldbeactor.blogspot.ca/2011/06/and-thats-wrap.html) has changed it's name to solely Blackbird and was recently chosen as an Official Selection of the Toronto International Film Festival and is the only feature film from the Maritimes.

The two other (short) films that were chosen are: When You Sleep by Ashley Mackenzie and Crackin' Down Hard by Michael Clattenburg.

(Check them all out here: http://tiff.net/thefestival/filmprogramming)

I am going to try to make it to TIFF on the weekends when it does not interfere with school, as my school will be starting on the 4th but the festival runs until the 16th.

So, big ups to the director Jason Buxton and everyone involved.

Also, on another high point; I have been asked to be the Teenage Referee again this season on Mr. D!

They asked me on Tuesday and of course I jumped at the chance. I am unsure what I will be doing in the episode but I am excited to be asked back. I will be filming that on Thursday (16th) of next week.

I have been teaching at the Marigold Centre in my hometown of Truro, Nova Scotia all week and tomorrow the kids will being doing their performance. I feel so blessed to be able to have all these positive things happening to me and then be able to come home and give back to my community, via teaching Drama to kids and bringing awareness to the Arts.

It makes me happy to know that they walk away with smiles on their faces and also have dreams of one day being on a big stage somewhere. I am honoured that I can be part of their journey's and that they can be part of mine.

You can check out the IMDB on all the films mentioned above, and while you are there why not check out mine? And also my twitter: wayne_burns

Night Abyss






No comments: