Thursday, September 9, 2010

25 cents for a warm feeling.

I never thought that I would be so anxious for school to start. Alas, I am.

I am excited to meet new people and just start to push myself again. Routine is a must with Wayne.

Audition update: They are still casting for the educational video.

Life is going at a good pace as per usual. We had a hurricane here the other day and I was without power for a bit. I was able to discover what it is like to shower blind and in the cold. An experience that I would have probably never have been able to experience otherwise. So thanks hurricane.

My car was also affected by the hurricane. Nothing dire, other than the fact that my muffler now sounds like it is missing. You know those people who drive down the road like a bat out of hell with the crappiest sounding muffler or lack there of and you always yell at them, "GET A MUFFLER!!"

I am now the recipient of those phrases.

The awful part is that I just had a new muffler installed so I am at a loss. Damn hurricane.

But I guess the positive thing is that I still have a house and my eyes and at least a muffler of some kind.

Today was my day off so I slept in till noon and then woke up and went to get shaving cream. That is about the extent of my day. Shaving was a priority but shower was not.

I also, in my post sleep state, went to my first laundromat. It was a rather interesting experience.

I always judge when I need to do laundry by the amount of clean underwear I have left. Now to fully understand the desperation of my need for clean clothes you have to understand how much underwear I have.

I have a lot.

I was getting low so I felt it was definitely time.

I walked in and there was only one person there; the owner. She was an interesting woman who looked about late thirties. She was middle eastern and she greeted me with a smile saying. "You have the place to yourself!"

I took her kind words of solitude as a sign that I could be friendly with her and I admitted that I had never partook the laundromat thing before. She reassured me that it was easy and we shared a moment watching the dry cycles of my underwear go round and round. I pictured her seeing some weird things in her time here.

The laundromat was of typical appearance except for the glorious Mrs. Pacman arcade game at the back of the room. I was in love. It was this moment that I decided that if I ever made enough money I would buy this machine off of this woman and give her more than she wants for it for her generosity of helping me wash my sweaters. I feel that is only fair.

Needless to say I washed all my clothes for under 10 bucks. I was happy and underwear laden again.

There is nothing like warm clean clothes.

No comments: