Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I Now Understand Hiatus

Abyss,

I know this seems to be a reoccurring situation, but I do apologize for the lack of posts. It has been over a month since my last entry and quite a bit has happened. I really want to make one of my New Year Resolutions to post at least weekly, similar to what I stated earlier in these posts. Except I will actually follow through.

I discovered that I can totally post from my iPhone, yet another convenience. So with this new found information I can guarantee at least a post a week. My life may not be that exciting but hopefully you find enjoyment out of my obscene ramblings. Anyway, let's get down to business!

School for winter break ended last Thursday and I miss it already, the term went by quicker than expected and I learned so much. Tue teachers are all stellar human beings and I wish I could just read biographies on all of them. They seem to have been through so many experiences in their lives. Alas, I do not have this option to read about them, instead I have a giant list of plays that needs to be read before January 3rd.

I have made a point to get all my application things done before I head back to school. So that is presently what I am working on. Majority of the schools I am applying to are in Toronto and it is costing me a pretty penny to just apply, this doesn't include the airfare and possible audition fees as well. It is going to probably end up costing me as much as my first term tuition! but I need education, so it will hopefully be worth it if I actually get accepted.

I was recently involved with a couple of things; over the weekend I was in a short film that will continue filming in January as well as a work shop that is in preparation for a provincial tour, I have yet to find out if I will be cast in the tour solely due to the fact that they are casting the female lead(opposite me) from Toronto. So the whole workshop cast is just waiting to hear from the director as to whether will will be going on tour. I would obviously jump at the opportunity to tour and it would give me a credit towards my equity status, which of course is also gladly accepted. I am still working my butt of to get my Equity/ACTRA status before I head off to Toronto.

Also in the works is a show I putting together, Monster by Daniel MacIvor. I have recently obtained his one man show and emailed him about receiving the rights to it so that I can perform it this summer in my hometown and save the money for school so I can avoid student loans as much as possible. I have to unfortunately wait for a response from him until I can really put my plan into action, but I am hoping he will respond soon enough.

That is essentially it in my life at the moment. I am just about to leave for work and will talk to you tomorrow!

Night Abyss

No comments: